Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

It's a Love/Hate Relationship

I love my blog. 
I love looking back over it, that is.

I love looking at the pictures of my kids, and reminiscing about days gone by.  


I am a bit of a perfectionist though.  You wouldn't know it by looking at my house or my life, but if I can't do something as well as I would like to do it, then I give up. 

  With my blog I get frustrated that my pictures aren't as good as so and so's, or that I don't write as clever and witty as someone else, or even as well as I would like.  I also, get frustrated that I don't have enough time to devote to it as I would like.  I set standards for myself that I can't keep. 



Then I get frustrated and give up on it for a time.  I go completely cold turkey.  I think that is part of my perfectionism.  I'm either all in, or all out.  I can't find a balance.  
So then I hate my blog.  
Until...

I begin to miss it. Then, I look back through it, and I remember that it isn't about being perfect or as good as so and so, it's about telling my story, our story. 
My blog is my journal and it's about recording our memories and having a story of our family.


My kids are growing up way too fast.  .  
I always think I will remember the cute things they said and did, and the funny faces they made and the little things that are part of our lives for a time, but I don't. 
Not unless I write it down.
Sunday afternoon treat, compliments of Tabetha
When I am blogging, I make a conscious effort to take note, write down and document those little things that I would not normally take the time to record.  
And, life is just a little sweeter when I am looking for and taking time to recognize those special little moments that are part of our family's story.  


Small fire that occurred while making above treat

So, all this to say I want to start blogging again.  I know I do this all the time, start, stop, and start and stop again.  I won't promise it won't happen again.  It might, but at least I will have recorded a few more memories in the process.  



Wish me luck.  And check back again.  
Only 14 days until this baby is here, and 
I know he is going to be adorable.
Stay tuned for pictures!  

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh Kim, I just loved this post! It was so sweet. I feel the same way about my blog. I really want to be a lot better about mine. I can't wait for you to have your baby! Love and miss you :)

Kim said...

Natalie, I love and miss you too! I will take lots of pictures and post them for all to see.

mamatamera said...

I'm glad your back. I stuggle with consistency too. I'm much better in the winter when I'm stuck inside. Can't wait for the arrival of the little man.

Kandace Welch said...

I just noticed that your last post, your weekend away with Shaun was 9 months before your baby is due. Interesting. :) Good luck and let us know when we can come see the baby and bring dinner!